Located south of Rancho Bernardo, Rancho Penasquitos is a family-oriented area with homes built on mesas and hills. Housing consists of middle class suburban homes, with a few condominiums and townhouses. According to the San Diego Source, “The hills and canyons separate the area from the rest of the city and make it seem more country-like than urban.” Quiet and well-maintained neighborhoods make it suitable for families. There are abundant sports and recreation opportunities, such as the Black Mountain trails, a skate park, and one of the largest Little Leagues in the nation.
What Staff are Saying:
- Survey results indicate that staff are happy living in Rancho Penasquitos, with the exception of its lack of a nightlife. The highest ratings received for this community were for its availability of free parking, access to the grocery stores, friendly neighbors, diversity of residents, and its family-friendly nature.
“It’s quiet; is close to major shopping; the grocery store is very good.”
- “The area is scenic, as I live on a wide canyon that is a side canyon to the Penasquitos Canyon Preserve.”
- “Affordable housing in a family-oriented community.”
- “Good schools, clean environment, family oriented community, close to freeways and shopping.”
- “Fairly long commute time, no good food/bar/nightlife, very kid oriented.”
- “It’s too suburban for a single person.”
For More Information: