The UCSD Library food & drink policy permits the bringing in and consumption of beverages from containers with lids and individual size snack food items, except in designated areas. All other food & drinks are not permitted in the Library.
- Acceptable drink containers are those with lids, including pop-top cans. Lids should be kept on bottles and containers except when drinking.
- Unacceptable drinks containers are those without lids, such as open topped coffee mugs, disposable coffee cups without lids, and soda cups without lids.
- Acceptable food items are individual 'snack size' containers of chips, cookies, candy, and other snack foods; small amounts of finger foods (e.g., small size fruits and vegetables, dried fruits and nuts, string cheese); candy bars, granola bars, power bars, etc.; and other non-messy, non-smelly individual snack foods.
- Unacceptable food items are hot entrees, burgers, French fries, pizza, noodles, sub sandwiches, burritos, tacos, soup, and other hot, smelly or messy items; or large size bags or packages of chips, crackers, cookies, doughnuts, salad etc.
*Designated areas where different policies are in place:
- Mandeville Special Collections Library: No food or drinks permitted
- Near photocopiers, printers, and microfilm reader/printers: No food or drinks permitted
- Media workstations: No food or drinks permitted
- InfoStations and ACMS computer labs: Drinks only
- Instructional classrooms with computers: Drinks only
- Collections areas directly among books and other library materials: Food & drinks discouraged
- SIO Archives: No food or drinks permitted
- See details for the Biomedical Libray building