Library Computer & Internet Use Policy
- Use of library computers and resources for academic purposes has priority over non-academic purposes.
- A 30-minute time limit may be imposed when others are waiting.
- Users may not maliciously access, alter, damage, or destroy any computer system, network, program, or data.
- The Library has an obligation to maintain a welcoming, comfortable, safe, and harassment-free environment for library patrons and for university employees. Usage of library computers must support such an environment.
- In keeping with the spirit of UC San Diego’s Principles of Community, we expect library users to be guided by courtesy, sensitivity, and respect for others when accessing and viewing Internet material and using the library computers in general.
- Also see Children’s Library Use policy.
- Computers may not be used for commercial purposes or in violation of state or federal laws or applicable university policies.
- Users should observe applicable intellectual property laws, including United States copyright laws.
- Users must adhere to electronic resource licenses, agreements, and guidelines, including those limiting or prohibiting systematic download, duplication, transfer, sale, or commercial exploitation.
- Users must follow all applicable restrictions and guidelines on use of equipment and electronic resources.
Revised September 2013