Welcome Tritons! Whether you are an incoming freshman, a transfer student, or a senior, here are some of the Top Ten Things you need to know about the UC San Diego Library’s spaces and services:
- The UC San Diego Library has two library buildings on campus – Geisel Library and Biomedical Library.
- Not sure where to start? Use this handy webpage to find books, computer labs, printers, etc.
- Current hours can always be found online.
- Get to know Geisel. Sign up for a Welcome Week Tour.
- Visit Audrey’s, Geisel’s new cafe located on the main floor in Geisel East.
- Explore Geisel’s Digital Media Lab – a high-tech space where you can edit videos, manipulate images, build media-rich websites, and more. An open house for students will be held on October 5 and 6 from 10am – 5pm.
- Borrow tech-items! Geisel’s Tech Lending Program allows you to checkout essential items like calculators, flash drives, and phone or laptop chargers. You’ll also find fun gadgets like Nikon still cameras, Sony Handycams, and GPS devices. View a full list of items here, or stop by the Geisel Media Desk on the 1st floor in Geisel West.
- Reserve study rooms with the touch of a button.
- Know what’s going on at the Library at all times, from events to early closures, by connecting with us on social media.
- Still have questions? Save time and Ask a Librarian. Text them, chat online 24/7, discuss questions in-person, over the phone or via email. Subject librarians are on-hand to help you with your course-work and research assignments.
Good luck as you kick-off this new school year. Go Tritons!