05/03/2017 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Add to your iCal: iCal
Geisel Library, Seuss Room
Presented By: The Holocaust Living History Workshop
In recent years, the experience of the so-called “second-generation” has come under increasing scholarly scrutiny. What does it mean to be the child of parents who were persecuted and often singled out for extermination? In this round-table discussion moderated by UC San Diego historian Deborah Hertz, UC San Diego scholars and children of Holocaust survivors – Tal Golan, Judi Gottschalk, and Gershon Shafir – share their personal experiences and observations as second-generation Holocaust survivors.
This event is free and open to the public. No RSVP required.
About the Holocaust Living History Workshop
The Holocaust Living History Workshop (HLHW) aims to preserve the memories of victims and survivors of the Holocaust, by employing the USC Shoah Foundation Institute’s Visual History Archive. The HLHW uses the Archive to engage the campus and local communities in a thoughtful— and thought-provoking— dialogue on events of the Holocaust and their continued relevance in the world today. The Visual History Archive is one of the few primary resources available that describes firsthand the experiences of victims of the Holocaust.
As such, it is an exemplary teaching tool for study in a variety of disciplines, including Anthropology, Cultural Studies, Eastern European Studies, German Studies, History, Judaic Studies, Political Science, Religious Studies, and Sociology.
All visitors to the UC San Diego campus are required to display a valid parking pass. The closest parking to the Geisel Library is the Hopkins parking structure. More information about parking on campus.
Driving Directions from North of UC San Diego
1. Take I-5 southbound past the 5/805 split.
2. Take Genesee Avenue exit westbound (right off freeway).
3. Take Genesee Avenue to North Torrey Pines Road.
4. Turn left on North Torrey Pines.
5. Turn left on to North Point Drive.
6. Follow North Point Dr. through the stop signs; as it curves right it will become Hopkins Drive.
7. Continue on Hopkins Drive until you reach Voigt Drive.
8. The Hopkins parking structure is at the corner of Voigt Drive with entrances on both Hopkins and Voigt Drive.
Driving Directions from South of UC San Diego
1. Take I-5 northbound.
2. Take La Jolla Village Drive westbound (left off freeway).
3. La Jolla Village Drive turns into North Torrey Pines Road. Stay on it to North Point Drive.
4. Turn right on North Point Drive.
5. Follow North Point Dr. through the stop signs; as it curves right it will become Hopkins Drive.
6. Continue on Hopkins Drive until you reach Voigt Drive.
7. The Hopkins parking structure is at the corner of Voigt Drive with entrances on both Hopkins and Voigt Drive.