SIO eSCHOLARSHIP REPOSITORY
- SIO eScholarship Repository provides a central location for SIO personnel to deposit any research or scholarly output relevant to one's research and scholarship at SIO.
- Link to SIO eScholarship Repository
- Copyright is held by the author, who should be contacted for permission to reprint.
- Annual reports for SIO appeared in five series: Reports published within the Reports of the UC President (1903-1936), Unpublished manuscript reports by the Director (1920's to 1946), SIO published annual reports, 1967-1992 and 2004- ; and, annual reports published within SIO's Explorations 1993-2003.
- For SIO Annual Reports and Explorations held in print in UC San Diego Library collection, search the online catalog, Roger.
- Annual & Progress Reports' Listings by date
- Various Annual Reports online via Scripps Archives
BOOKS ABOUT SCRIPPS
- Coming of Age: Scripps Institution of Oceanography, A Centennial Volume 1903-2003. Robert L. Fisher, Edward D. Goldberg, and Charles S. Cox, eds. La Jolla, California: Scripps Institution of Oceanography, 2003. Library's Online Catalog, Roger, record for requesting book check-out & delivery to SIO.
- More Books and Other Materials about Scripps
- Published by University of California Press, the Bulletin of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography published original monographic research,with Volume 31 being the last.
- SIO Bulletin held in print in UCSD Library collection
- Bibliography of the Bulletin of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- Some Bulletins are available online from the Scripps eScholarship Repository
- Permission to reprint from the Bulletin of SIO is granted for non-profit or educational use, provided the source is cited. [14 July 2003 decision of SIO Editorial and Publications Committee, Dr. Michael Latz, Chair]
CIBCASIO MEMORIAS / TRANSACTIONS
- CIBCASIO Memorias / Transactions is a proceedings of a joint meeting between Centros de Investigacion de Baja California and SIO. Volumes are either "Memorias" or "Transactions" and one volume is "Reunion."
- CIBCASIO Memorias / Transactions held in print in UCSD Library collection
- Permission to reprint from the 3rd (1977), 6th (1980), 10th (1985) CIBCASIO Transactions (which were those volumes published by SIO) is granted for non-profit or educational use, provided the source is cited [14 July 2003 decision of SIO Editorial and Publications Committee, Dr. Michael Latz, Chair]
- Contributions from the Scripps Institution of Oceanography were collected reprints from SIO authors, who submitted them voluntarily for inclusion. Therefore it was not a complete institutional compilation of published research, and its listings are not a complete institutional bibliography. Discontinued with volume 71, 2001.
- SIO Contributions held in print in UCSD Library collection
- SIO Contributions Index Vols. 1-71, 1938-2001
- Copyright is held by the publisher of the items reprinted in the SIO Contributions, and SIO cannot grant permission to reprint.
SCRIPPS DISSERTATIONS & THESES
- 1996+ SIO & UC dissertations are available for full-text UC access at ProQuest Digital Dissertations
- Some 2006-2011 SIO dissertations are available for open access in the Scripps eScholarship Repository
- Pre-1996 SIO dissertations are not available online except Boyd Walker and Walter Munk
- PRINT dissertation and thesis through 2005 are held in UCSD Library collection. There are few 2006+ titles held in print, but 2005 is generally the last year held in print.
- ELECTRONICALLY SUBMITTED dissertations are not available in print in the UCSD Library collection. These are found at ProQuest Digital Dissertations (link above) with free full-text access for UC. A few were made available by the authors for open-access at Scripps eScholarship Repository.
- Explorations was a quarterly magazine featuring SIO research published from 1994-2006. It included the institutional annual report from 1993-2003 in one of its issues every year.
- SIO Explorations held in print in UCSD Library collection
- Reports on the scientific results of marine investigations in the South China Sea and the Gulf of Thailand from 1959 through 1961.
- Bibliography [some Naga reports have been scanned and put online as PDFs]
- Naga report v.1. Naga Expedition, station index and data. James L. Faughn, 1974
- Naga report v.2. Physical oceanography of the Southeast Asian waters. Klaus Wyrtki, 1961
- Naga report v.3, pt.1. The physical oceanography of the Gulf of Thailand, Naga Expedition. Margaret K. Robinson, 1974. Bathythermograph (BT) temperature observations in the Timor Sea, Naga Expedition, cruise S11. Margaret K. Robinson, 1974
- Naga report v.4, pt.1. The portunid crabs (crustacea: portunidae) collected by the Naga Expedition. W. Stephenson, 1967. Gammaridean amphipoda from the South China Sea. Marilyn Clark Imbach, 1967.
- Naga report v.4, pt.2. The Chaetognatha of the NAGA Expedition (1959-1961) in the South China Sea and the Gulf of Thailand. Angeles Alvarino, 1967.
- Naga report v.4, pt.3. Nephtyidae (polychaeta) from the Bay of Nha Trang, South Viet Nam. Kristian Fauchald, 1967. Polychaeta from the Bay of Nha Trang, South Viet Nam. Victor A. Gallardo, 1967.
- Naga report v.4, pt.4. The brachyura (crustacea: decapoda) collected by the Naga Expedition : including a review of the homolidae. R. Serene and P. Lohavanijaya, 1973.
- Naga report v.4, pt.5. Euphausiids of Southeast Asian waters. Edward Brinton, 1975
- Naga report v.4, pt.6. Euthecosomatous pteropods (Mollusca) in the Gulf of Thailand and the South China Sea : seasonal distribution and species associations. Marcia Rottman, 1976
- Naga report v.5, pt.1. Description of the larvae of Rastrelliger (mackerel) and a comparison of the juveniles and adults of the species R. kanagurta and R. brachysoma. Tetsuo Matsui, 1970.
- NAGA Reports held in print in UCSD Library collection
- Permission to reprint is granted for non-profit or educational use, provided the source is cited [14 July 2003 decision of SIO Editorial and Publications Committee, Dr. Michael Latz, Chair]
- SIO weekly newsletter announcing events, published from 1970 to 2006
- Print holdings in Scripps Archives
- print distribution was discontinued in 2006; email distribution is not archived by SIO
VARIOUS SIO TECHNICAL REPORT SERIES
- Confidential Report
- Confidential Report No. 1: d2 and d4 Charts for the South Pacific and Indian Oceans.
W.V. Burt and T. Cromwell. February 1949.
- Confidential Report No. 2: d2 and d4 Charts for the North Pacific and Bering Sea.
June G. Pattullo, W.V. Burt and John D. Cochrane. October 1949.
- Confidential Report No. 3: Monthly thermal condition charts for the North Pacific Ocean.
June G. Pattullo and John D. Cochrane. 1960.
- Fog Project: bibliography
- Oceanographic Equipment Report: bibliography
- Oceanographic Report: bibliography
- Submarine Geology Report: bibliography
- Wave Report: bibliography
Advanced Ocean Engineering Laboratory
COASTAL DATA INFORMATION PROGRAM
- Coastal Data Information Program Monthly Summary Report is held in print in UCSD Library collection
- California Coastal Data Collectoin Program Monthly Summary Report is held in print in UCSD Library collection
- California Coastal Engineering Data Network Monthly Summary Report is held in print in UCSD Library collection
DEEP SEA DRILLING PROJECT
INSTITUTE OF MARINE RESOURCES
- IMR Reference Number reports are held in print in UCSD Library collection
MARINE PHYSICAL LABORATORY
- MPL Publications page including MPL Technical Memorandum bibliography
- Some MPL/U reports are held in print in UCSD Library collection
- Some MPL Technical Memorandum reports are held in print in UCSD Library collection
- Some MPL Quarterly Report of Activities are held in print in UCSD Library collection
- MPL Currents is held in print in UCSD Library collection
- Various Scripps Archives collections for MPL and people who worked in MPL would contain some MPL reports.
UC DIVISION OF WAR RESEARCH
- Bibliography Includes reports and journal articles published by members of the Visibility Laboratory from 1952-1980.
- Some Visibility Lab reports are held in print in UCSD Library collection
- Office of Naval Research, Ocean Battlespace Sensing S&T Department produced a DVD of digitized Visibility Laboratory technical reports from 1952 - 1987