Directions to Scripps Institution of Oceanography Archives
Please note: Access to the Scripps Institution of Oceanography Archives are by appointment only
Directions from south of La Jolla
- Take Interstate 5 NORTH; exit on LA JOLLA PARKWAY (formerly Ardath Road); go east and down the hill (about 1.5 miles).
- TURN RIGHT on LA JOLLA SHORES DRIVE and go 1 mile to EL PASEO GRANDE.
- TURN LEFT, then RIGHT on DISCOVERY WAY.
Driving from north of La Jolla
- Take Interstate 5 SOUTH; exit on GENESEE AVENUE and veer right (west).
- TURN LEFT at 3rd light on NORTH TORREY PINES ROAD.
- Go 1 mile to LA JOLLA SHORES DRIVE.
- TURN RIGHT (west) on LA JOLLA SHORES DRIVE; go down the hill about 1 mile to Scripps.
- TURN RIGHT on EL PASEO GRANDE, then RIGHT again on DISCOVERY WAY.
- Park in metered spaces in one of 2 lots on either side of Discovery Way.
- To avoid feeding the meter, park for free along the streets just a short walk south of Scripps.
- Don't leave visible valuables in your car.
- The Scripps shuttle to/from main campus runs weekdays every fifteen minutes from 7:15am to 6:15pm (7:30am to 6:30pm from Scripps), and every 30 minutes from 6:15pm to 8:45pm (6:30pm to 9pm from Scripps).
- Visit the UCSD Scripps shuttle page for details.
|Location of Scripps Institution in La Jolla
|Location of Scripps Archives (formerly the Scripps Library) within the Scripps Institution
|Photo of Scripps Archives entrance. Archives is on 3rd floor of former Scripps Library building.