These collections are the foundation of the UC San Diego Library. They form the basis for the educational programs at UC San Diego and are used by undergraduates, graduate students, and faculty. Collections can be endowed in any discipline taught on campus, including arts and humanities, biology and the life sciences, engineering and the physical sciences, and the social sciences, or a subject of your choice. A more complete list of subjects follows.
- Arts: Architecture, Dance, Film, Music, Theatre, Visual Arts
- Engineering: Bioengineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Structural Engineering
- Humanities: Classics, Creative Writing, History, Literature, Philosophy
- Social Sciences: Anthropology, Cognitive Science, Communication, Economics, Ethnic Studies, International Relations, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Urban Planning
- Physical and Biological Sciences: Astronomy, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Geophysics, Marine Sciences, Mathematics, Medicine and Public Health, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Physics