Borrowing from S&E, SIO, and Annex
Borrowing S&E and SIO Materials
- Check out S&E and SIO materials at the Geisel Circulation Desk. Please see loan periods to find out how long you can check out the materials. See Library Cards and Borrowing for other circulation related information.
Borrowing from Annex
- S&E and SIO materials in the Annex [an off-site storage facility] can be requested by filling the Annex Request Form.
- If you need an article rather than the entire volume, complete the bottom section of the Annex Request Form and include your email address. The article will be scanned and sent electronically to your desktop.
- Print volumes from the Annex are typically delivered to the Geisel Circulation Desk within 48 hours of your request, Monday – Saturday. You will be notified by email when your volume arrives. Call the Geisel Circulation Desk at 858.534.0134 to check on the status of your request.
- Avanti is available only to faculty, staff and graduate students of the Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry/Biochemistry departments, Jacobs School of Engineering, and the San Diego Supercomputer Center.
- Avanti is a service used to request articles or chapters from S&E Library print volumes free of charge. Articles will be scanned and sent electronically to your desktop. Use Avanti to request articles from the S&E Library or the Annex.
- If you are not a member of one of the departments listed above, you can request UCSD-owned articles in S&E for a fee. Materials in Annex are scanned and sent electronically to everyone free of charge.