Digital Services Librarian
Science and Engineering Library, 0175E
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla CA 92093-0175
- Digital Services/Webmaster:
- Manage life cycle of S&E web content (create, review, update, delete, archive)
- Conduct incremental information architecture improvement based on user feedback and metrics.
- Web metrics using Google Analytics
- Search engine optimization -implement and improve Google ranking of S&E web pages.
- Liaison Librarian: Computer Science & Engineering
- Strategic Planning Core Direction 1 Steering Committee
- Core Direction 2_D InfoCommons Committee
- CAPA, 2010-2012
- Libraries Public Website Editors' Group
- Libraries Mobile Advisory Group
- Next Generation Sage Group
- Libraries Website Committee
- Library Websites Redesign Task Group
- LAUC-SD Research and Professional Development Committee
- LAUC R&PD, San Diego Representative
Research interests and projects:
Presentations & Publications (selected)
- "Managing Your Library's Online Presence," presented at Special Libraries Association Annual Conference, Philadephia, PA, June 14, 2011
- "Is Your e-Library Staffed for Success?" presented at CALA/SCA Annual Conference, Aliso Viejo, CA, Feb. 4, 2011.
- "Managing Today's e-Library," presented at Internet Librarian 2010, Monterey, CA, October 25, 2010
- "The Web as an Agent of Transformative Change to Library Services," b/ITe: Bulletin of the Information Technology Division/SLA, Volume 27, Issue 2, Spring 2010.
- "How is Your Website Staffed?" b/ITe: Bulletin of the Information Technology Division/SLA, Volume 27, Issue 1, Winter 2010, page 5-6.
- "Strategies to Make Library Resources Discoverable," Special Libraries Association (SLA), San Diego Chapter Fall Seminar, October 3, 2008
- "The Trees, if Not the Forest: Incorporating and Evaluating Web 2.0 One Tool at a Time." postor, (co-present with Teri Vogel) , SLA 2008 Annual Conference, June 15, 2008
- “Embedding Library in WebCT: Pushing UCSD Library Resources to Faculty Courses,” SLA, San Diego Chapter Fall Seminar, October 12, 2007
- “Delivering Instruction via Web-based Videos,” Special Libraries Association, San Diego Chapter Fall Seminar, October 6, 2006
- "Low Budget Usability Study," poster, ACRL 12th National Conference, Minneapolis, MN, April 9, 2005
- “Creating Web-based Instructional Videos with Camtasia Studio,” SLA-San Diego Bulletin, Summer 2005
- “Library Instruction via Streaming Video,” Digital Letter, UCSD Libraries, spring 2005
- "Usability Study of a Web-based Instruction Module," poster, Chemistry Division, SLA Annual National Conference, Nashville,TN, June 7, 2004
- “User-centered Design (or Not),” UCSD Library Digital Letter, October 2003.
- "Supporting the User into the Twenty-first Century: Expanding the Library's Role in Computer Support and Instruction,” presentation, ALA, Ohio Chapter Annual Conference, Columbus, Ohio, October 31, 1997.
- "Web Page Development and Design with HTML," presentation,North Ohio Technical Services Librarian's Conference, August,1996.
- "The University of Michigan's Computer-Assisted Instruction Project" presented at LITA Artificial Intelligence/Expert Systems Interest Group, American Library Association Conference, Philadelphia, February, 1995
- "Scientific Communication Motivation and the Future of Electronic Communication Technologies," Chinese American Librarians Association (CALA) E-Journal, June, 1993.
- UCSD Instructional Improvement Grant (awarded by UCSD Academic Office), for the project “Delivering Library Instruction Using Streaming Video,” $1700, UCSD, 2004-2005
- Research Development Grant, $5000, for the development of a Computer Assisted Instruction Package with Authorware, University of Michigan, 1994
Special Libraries Association
Special Libraries Association
- Treasurer, SLA, San Diego Chapter (2007-2009)
- Employment Chair, SLA, San Diego Chapter (2004-2006)
- The American Society for Information Science & Technology (ASIS&T)
- Publicity Coordinator, LACASIS 2004-2006
American Library Association
Association of College & Research Libraries
- Chinese American Librarians Association
Previous Work Experience:
- Research/Learning Technology Coordinator, University Library, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
- Reference Librarian/Research Library Resident, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- M.L.I.S., Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan
- M.A. in Liberal Arts. Concentration: English and American Literature, Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- M.A. Program in English Language & Literature. Concentration: English Linguistics, South China Normal University, Guangzhou, China
- B.A. in English Language and Literature, South China Normal University, Guangzhou, China