Requesting Items from the Scripps Library CollectionA. Requesting books, journals, or scans of items from the Scripps Library Collection
B. Requesting a copy or scan from the main campus UC San Diego Library's Collections
- The Scripps Library closed permanently on June 29, 2012, and the book & journal collections were moved to the Geisel Library. Please use the online catalog, Roger for current call number and location information. You can use the automated Request feature to have material delivered to the SIO campus. This is available for current Scripps Institution of Oceanography (SIO) faculty, staff, and students only.
- Please note: In order to request items to be delivered to SIO for you, the Library needs to have a filled Waiver from you to check out items in your absence. Please fill out the Waiver form and send to Amy Butros by email: email@example.com or campus mail: 0175E.
- SIO Academics, Staff and Graduate students who would like to receive a scan of an article from PRINT journals or other items in the former SIO Library collection may submit requests to the Document Delivery & Interlibrary Loan department by filling out this form.
- Non-UCSD visitors need to visit the Geisel Library building to access items from the former Scripps Library collection. Please use the online catalog Roger to locate item call numbers and learn about Geisel floor locations for the books or journals. For information on access to collections in the Library and checking out items, please see our "Services to the Community" page.
- SIO Academics, Staff and Graduate students who need scans of articles from print journals or other items held only on the main campus Library's buildings, Geisel or Biomedical Library Building, or from the former SIO Library Collection (moved to Geisel Library) may submit requests to the Document Delivery & Interlibrary Loan department at no charge by using this form.