SIO eSCHOLARSHIP REPOSITORY
- SIO eScholarship Repository provides a central location for SIO personnel to deposit any research or scholarly output relevant to one's research and scholarship at SIO.
- Link to SIO eScholarship Repository
- Copyright is held by the author, who should be contacted for permission to reprint.
- Annual reports for SIO appeared in five series: Reports published within the Reports of the UC President (1903-1936), Unpublished manuscript reports by the Director (1920's to 1946), SIO published annual reports, 1967-1992 and 2004- ; and, annual reports published within SIO's Explorations 1993-2003. Annual reports shelved in SIO Library on 2nd floor at SIO 1 SC76. Explorations shelved in SIO Library on 2nd floor at SIO 1 EX753
- Annual Reports online via Scripps Archives
- Some Annual Report & Explorations issues are available from SIO Library; contact firstname.lastname@example.org
BOOKS ABOUT SCRIPPS
CIBCASIO MEMORIAS / TRANSACTIONS
- CIBCASIO Memorias / Transactions is a proceedings of a joint meeting between Centros de Investigacion de Baja California and SIO. Volumes are either "Memorias" or "Transactions" and one volume is "Reunion." Shelved in SIO Library on 2nd floor at SIO 1 C42
- Permission to reprint from the 3rd (1977), 6th (1980), 10th (1985) CIBCASIO Transactions (which were those volumes published by SIO) is granted for non-profit or educational use, provided the source is cited [14 July 2003 decision of SIO Editorial and Publications Committee, Dr. Michael Latz, Chair]
- Contributions from the Scripps Institution of Oceanography were collected reprints from SIO authors, who submitted them voluntarily for inclusion. Therefore it was not a complete institutional compilation of published research, and its listings are not a complete institutional bibliography. Discontinued with volume 71, 2001. Shelved in SIO Library on 2nd floor at SIO 1 SC8
- SIO Contributions Index Vols. 1-71, 1938-2001
- Copyright is held by the publisher of the items reprinted in the SIO Contributions, and SIO cannot grant permission to reprint.
SCRIPPS DISSERTATIONS & THESES
- 1996+ SIO & UC dissertations are available for UC access at ProQuest Digital Dissertations
- Some 2006+ SIO dissertations are available for open access in the Scripps eScholarship Repository
- Pre-1996 SIO dissertations are not available online except Boyd Walker and Walter Munk
- PRINT dissertation and thesis holdings in Scripps Library collection: Doctoral Dissertations -- Masters Theses
- ELECTRONICALLY SUBMITTED dissertations are not available in the Scripps Library collection. These are found at ProQuest Digital Dissertations for UC-only access, and, for those few made available by the authors for open-access, at Scripps eScholarship Repository. They are cataloged in UCSD's Roger library catalog under any of three subject headings: (Dissertations, Academic -- UCSD -- Marine biology; Dissertations, Academic -- UCSD -- Oceanography; Dissertations, Academic -- UCSD -- Earth Sciences) and then you "modify" your Roger search by year to find them, starting with 2006+.
- Explorations was a quarterly magazine featuring SIO research published from 1994-2006. It included the institutional annual report from 1993-2003 in one of its issues every year. Shelved in SIO Library on 2nd floor at SIO 1 EX753
- Some Explorations issues are available from SIO Library; contact email@example.com
- Reports on the scientific results of marine investigations in the South China Sea and the Gulf of Thailand from 1959 through 1961.
- Bibliography [some Naga reports have been scanned and put online as PDFs]
- Naga report v.1. Naga Expedition, station index and data. James L. Faughn, 1974
- Naga report v.2. Physical oceanography of the Southeast Asian waters. Klaus Wyrtki, 1961
- Naga report v.3, pt.1. The physical oceanography of the Gulf of Thailand, Naga Expedition. Margaret K. Robinson, 1974. Bathythermograph (BT) temperature observations in the Timor Sea, Naga Expedition, cruise S11. Margaret K. Robinson, 1974
- Naga report v.4, pt.1. The portunid crabs (crustacea: portunidae) collected by the Naga Expedition. W. Stephenson, 1967. Gammaridean amphipoda from the South China Sea. Marilyn Clark Imbach, 1967.
- Naga report v.4, pt.2. The Chaetognatha of the NAGA Expedition (1959-1961) in the South China Sea and the Gulf of Thailand. Angeles Alvarino, 1967.
- Naga report v.4, pt.3. Nephtyidae (polychaeta) from the Bay of Nha Trang, South Viet Nam. Kristian Fauchald, 1967. Polychaeta from the Bay of Nha Trang, South Viet Nam. Victor A. Gallardo, 1967.
- Naga report v.4, pt.4. The brachyura (crustacea: decapoda) collected by the Naga Expedition : including a review of the homolidae. R. Serene and P. Lohavanijaya, 1973.
- Naga report v.4, pt.5. Euphausiids of Southeast Asian waters. Edward Brinton, 1975
- Naga report v.4, pt.6. Euthecosomatous pteropods (Mollusca) in the Gulf of Thailand and the South China Sea : seasonal distribution and species associations. Marcia Rottman, 1976
- Naga report v.5, pt.1. Description of the larvae of Rastrelliger (mackerel) and a comparison of the juveniles and adults of the species R. kanagurta and R. brachysoma. Tetsuo Matsui, 1970.
- Some Naga Reports are available in print from SIO Library; contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Record of Scripps Library holdings
VARIOUS SIO TECHNICAL REPORT SERIES
- Confidential Report
- Confidential Report No. 1: d2 and d4 Charts for the South Pacific and Indian Oceans.
W.V. Burt and T. Cromwell. February 1949.
- Confidential Report No. 2: d2 and d4 Charts for the North Pacific and Bering Sea.
June G. Pattullo, W.V. Burt and John D. Cochrane. October 1949.
- Confidential Report No. 3: Monthly thermal condition charts for the North Pacific Ocean.
June G. Pattullo and John D. Cochrane. 1960.
- Fog Project: bibliography
- Oceanographic Equipment Report: bibliography
- Oceanographic Report: bibliography
- Submarine Geology Report: bibliography
- Wave Report: bibliography
Advanced Ocean Engineering Laboratory
- California Cooperative Oceanic Fisheries Investigations, in which Scripps, the California Department of Fish and Game, and the National Marine Fisheries Service cooperate, has published several series.
- To obtain copies of those CalCOFI publications that are still available, please write to UC San Diego, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, CalCOFI Coordinator, 9500 Gilman Drive Dept 0227, La Jolla CA 92093-0227. www.calcofi.org/
COASTAL DATA INFORMATION PROGRAM
DEEP SEA DRILLING PROJECT
INSTITUTE OF MARINE RESOURCES
MARINE PHYSICAL LABORATORY
UC DIVISION OF WAR RESEARCH
- Bibliography Includes reports and journal articles published by members of the Visibility Laboratory from 1952-1980.