Economics and Business Librarian
Social Sciences & Humanities Library
University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, 0175L
La Jolla, CA 92093-0175
Phone (858) 534-1249
Fax (858) 534-7548
- University of Pittsburgh, M.L.S.
- Smith College, B.A.
- 2004- present, Part-time Adjunct Faculty, University of Pittsburgh, School of Information Science
- 1997-2006, Economics & Business Librarian, Carnegie Mellon University Libraries
Selected Professional Responsibilities
- Barsh, A. L. Book review: Corporate Social Responsibility as an International Strategy. Journal of Business & Finance Librarianship. (submitted 2009).
- Barsh, A. L. 2009. "Book and CD-ROM reviews: Battleground Business." Journal of Business & Finance Librarianship. 14(3):298-300. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/08963560802451006
- Barsh, A. L., and A. Lisewski. 2008. "Library Managers and Ethical Leadership: a Survey of Current Practices from the Perspective of Business Ethics." Journal of Library Administration 47 (3/4): 27-67. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/01930820802186357
- Barsh, A. L. "Andrew Carnegie," in Encyclopedia of Business Ethics and Society, ed. R. W. Kolb. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 2007. http://www.sage-ereference.com/ethics/Article_n110.html
- ---. "Business Ethics Periodicals," in Encyclopedia of Business Ethics and Society, ed. R. W. Kolb. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 2007. http://www.sage-ereference.com/ethics/pdfs/Reading_d13.pdf
- ---. "Business Information Sources," in Resources for College Libraries, ed. M. Elmore. Chicago: Association of College and Research Libraries, 2006.
- ---. "Careers, Personal Skills Development, and Vocational Guidance," in Resources for College Libraries, ed. M. Elmore. Chicago: Association of College and Research Libraries, 2006.
- "Follow the Money - from Surpluses to School Buses: Understanding Public Finance," BRASS 2006 Program Bibliography. New Orleans: 2006 American Library Association Annual Conference, Business Reference and User Services Section. (Editing, and created "Typology of Publications" appendix)
American Library Association, Business Reference & Services Section
Association of College & Research Libraries
Special Libraries Association, San Diego Chapter and Business & Finance Division