Economics and Business Librarian
UC San Diego Library
9500 Gilman Drive, 0175R
La Jolla, CA 92093-0175
Phone (858) 534-1249
Fax (858) 534-7548
- University of Pittsburgh, M.L.S.
- Smith College, B.A.
- 2004-2012, Part-time Adjunct Faculty, University of Pittsburgh, School of Information Science
- 1997-2006, Economics & Business Librarian, Carnegie Mellon University Libraries
Selected Professional Responsibilities
- 2015-2017, Brass Secretary
- 2013-2015, ACRL 2015 Invited Papers Committee, Co-Chair
- 2011-2015, BRASS Liaison to RUSA's Standards & Guidelines Committee
- 2011-2013, ACRL 2013 Contributed Papers, Panelist/judge
- 2009-2013, Treasurer, Special Libraries Association, San Diego Chapter
- 2008-2012, ARL Career Enhancement Program Coordinator, UCSD Libraries
- 2007-2010, BRASS Liaison to RUSA's Access to Information Committee
- 2003- present, Business Ethics Education Initiative, National Advisory Committee member
- Barsh, A. L. Book review: The Mentor's Guide: Facilitating Effective Learning Relationships by Lois J. Zachary, 2nd edition. Journal of Business & Finance Librarianship (2013): 351-354. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/08963568.2013.794587
- Barsh, A. L. Book review: Corporate Social Responsibility as an International Strategy. Journal of Business & Finance Librarianship. (submitted 2009).
- Barsh, A. L. 2009. "Book and CD-ROM reviews: Battleground Business." Journal of Business & Finance Librarianship. 14(3):298-300. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/08963560802451006
- Barsh, A. L., and A. Lisewski. 2008. "Library Managers and Ethical Leadership: a Survey of Current Practices from the Perspective of Business Ethics." Journal of Library Administration 47 (3/4): 27-67. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/01930820802186357
- Barsh, A. L. "Andrew Carnegie," in Encyclopedia of Business Ethics and Society, ed. R. W. Kolb. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 2007. http://www.sage-ereference.com/ethics/Article_n110.html
- ---. "Business Ethics Periodicals," in Encyclopedia of Business Ethics and Society, ed. R. W. Kolb. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage, 2007. http://www.sage-ereference.com/ethics/pdfs/Reading_d13.pdf
- ---. "Business Information Sources," in Resources for College Libraries, ed. M. Elmore. Chicago: Association of College and Research Libraries, 2006.
- ---. "Careers, Personal Skills Development, and Vocational Guidance," in Resources for College Libraries, ed. M. Elmore. Chicago: Association of College and Research Libraries, 2006.
- "Follow the Money - from Surpluses to School Buses: Understanding Public Finance," BRASS 2006 Program Bibliography. New Orleans: 2006 American Library Association Annual Conference, Business Reference and User Services Section. (Editing, and created "Typology of Publications" appendix)
American Library Association, Business Reference & Services Section
Association of College & Research Libraries
Special Libraries Association, San Diego Chapter and Business & Finance Division