The Social Sciences and Humanities Library offers UC San Diego faculty and students:
- Assistance in identifying and locating relevant and reliable data sources to support research and instruction
- Research consulations, classroom instruction and online tutorials in techniques for accessing and using data sources
- Access to statistical software through workstations and online analysis tools
- When appropriate, acquisition of data for the Social Science & Humanities Library's collections
- Archiving of data and its metadata to facilitate convenient access and long-term preservation
- Services as the UC San Diego representative to ICPSR (Interuniversity Consortium for Political and Social Research) and IASSIST (International Association for Social Science Information Service & Technology).