About Next-Generation Melvyl Pilot
The UC Libraries are now testing a possible replacement for the existing Melvyl Catalog. We encourage you to test this pilot, called Next-Generation Melvyl, and would be pleased to receive your feedback.
- Through a powerful single interface, Next-Generation Melvyl simultaneously searches holdings in:
- All UC Libraries
- Libraries around the world
- Books in UC Libraries digitized by Google
- PLEASE NOTE: There are several known problems in the Next-Generation Melvyl pilot. Click here for more details.
- Results display UCSD records first, then UC records, then records from libraries worldwide.
- UC-affiliated users can request items held anywhere, both within the UC system and beyond.
- New features include robust search capabilities, "cite this item," bookmarking and social networking tools, book reviews, and journal article citations.
- Throughout the pilot, the current Melvyl Catalog and all of its functions will be maintained and available as usual.
- PLEASE NOTE: Most, but not all, UC library holdings are represented in the Next-Generation Melvyl pilot. Click here for more details.
Your feedback is important in helping us assess this pilot.
Want to know more about Next-Generation Melvyl?