Through the UC San Diego Library, you can access (available 24/7) thousands of ebooks in the social sciences, arts, humanities, sciences, and engineering.
- Off-campus access to most of the ebooks is restricted to UC San Diego students, faculty, and staff. You will need to set up your computer for the Proxy Server or VPN to use them off campus.
- Ebooks are cataloged and can be searched in Roger. Limiting the search to “electronic materials” will only bring up ebooks and other online materials.
- Many books have no limits on the number of simultaneous users, and have chapters as PDFs that can be printed or saved. However, some books have more restrictions on printing, saving, and simultaneous use.
Please see our EBOOKS AT UC SAN DIEGO guide for information, including:
- Key collections by discipline
- Searching for titles in Roger
- Reading ebooks on mobile devices, or downloading them for offline reading
- Using the collections that have printing, saving and simultaneous user limits