An appeal may only be submitted after a bill for overdue fee and/or replacement charges has been assessed. The appeal must be submitted within 30 calendar days of the date the bill is issued.
The owning library's Billing Committee will consider the appeal and decide whether or not to waive/reduce fees and/or replacement charges. Notification of a decision will be sent within 10 business days.
Fees will not be waived if the appeal is based on any of the following reasons:
- You forgot or did not know the due dates.
- You received the courtesy overdue notice late or it failed to arrive at your current mailing or email address.
- You failed to update your current email or mailing address.
- You loaned the item to someone and he/she returned it late or failed to return it to the library.
- You returned the item by mail and it was received late or failed to arrive.
- You returned the item to another UC or non-UC library, and it was not received on time or it failed to arrive at UCSD.
- You returned a Reserve Book to a location other than the circulation desk where you checked it out.
- You are against the principle of fining as a penalty or the rate of fees and/or replacement and processing costs.
- You did not request an Interlibrary Loan renewal 7-10 business days prior to item's due date.
Fields marked with an asterisk ( * ) are required.