Reserve a Group Study Room
Reserve a library study room online with your UC San Diego email address & ID card number (beginning with 21822, on back of card below barcode). Those without a UCSD ID are not eligible to reserve study rooms.
Rules governing group study rooms may vary depending on their location, amenities, or equipment. Review room details within the reservation system when reserving a space or see more details here.
- Maximum 3 hour reservation.
- 1 reservation per user per day.
- Reserve up to 2 days in advance.
- Reservations limited to UC San Diego students, faculty, & staff with UC San Diego email address. Others may use the rooms when not in use by others, but must vacate the rooms for users with valid reservations.
- Intended for groups, (defined as 2+ users actively using the room).
- Single-user reservations not valid. Priority given to groups, with or without reservations.
- Students with reservations must occupy the room within the first half-hour of the reservation period or the reservation is forfeited, and the room becomes available for others on a first come, first served basis for the remainder of the reservation period.
- All rooms available on first come, first served basis when not reserved.
- Users without reservations must vacate room when requested by users with valid reservation.
- No reservations accepted during overnight hours. All group study rooms are first come, first served from midnight to 8 am.
- Users are responsible for personal property. Don't leave items unattended. The Library is not liable for loss/damage to personal property.
- Library materials checked out to your account should be treated as personal belongings. You can be assessed overdue/replacement fees for lost/stolen material.
- Maintain a moderate noise level that doesn’t disturb others in adjoining rooms or outside the rooms. Rooms are not soundproof.
- Clean up after yourselves and leave the room in good condition for the next users, including erasing the whiteboard and disposing of trash.
- Vacate study rooms 30 minutes (at Geisel) and 10 minutes (at BLB) before building closing time.
- Study rooms are not intended to provide privacy. Library staff may enter the rooms as needed for security, maintenance, or other issues.
- Children and service animals may not be left alone in study rooms at any time.
Violation of these or other applicable library policies may result in temporary or permanent suspension of access to library study rooms.
Send questions, comments, and suggestions to LearningSpaces@ucsd.edu.
Last revised: K. Goodson, 9/4/2014