Presentation Practice Room
The Biomedical Library Building (BLB) houses a Presentation Practice Room where individuals or groups can work on oral presentations, rehearse timing and slide transitions, etc. to prepare for class presentations, seminars, conference presentations, thesis defense, and so on. It’s not intended to host seminars.
- Eligible Users: Current UCSD students, staff, and faculty. Visiting scholars may arrange to use the room by having a UCSD faculty or staff sign it room out.
- Access: Reserve the room for 3 hours at a time up to 2 days in advance. Once reserved, check out the key kit from the BLB Front Desk. Return the key/DVDs to the BLB Front Desk immediately after the reservation expires to avoid overdue charges of $10.00 per hour.
- Equipment: Projector, computer, keyboard/mouse, and lectern. Bring your own laptop and connect it to the projector if you wish. For instant feedback, check out a video camera separately from the BLB Front Desk (must have a Practice Room reservation at the same time to check out video camera).
- All library policies are in effect in this room, with particular emphasis on the Library's food & drink policy.
- Clean up after yourself and leave the room in good condition for later users.
Failure to adhere to these policies may result in temporary or permanent loss of access to this & other group study rooms.
Comments or Questions?
Send questions, comments, and suggestions to LearningSpaces@ucsd.edu.
Last revised: K. Goodson, 9/25/13