Printing & Copying
|Wireless printing is now available! You can now print to Library printers from your wireless laptop or compatible smartphone or tablet!
Printing & Copying
- Self-service printing and copying in the Libraries uses Imprints' IACCESS system.
- There is no ACMS printing in the Libraries. If you have funds in your ACMS printing account, you can use those funds at other ACMS computer labs where printing is available.
- For UCSD students, staff and faculty, your UCSD ID card is your printing/photocopying card. Swipe your card in the reader at each printer or copier, enter your PIN (the default is 1111) and print or copy your job. The rate you pay is determined by the type of card you use: if you buy a guest card, you will pay the guest rate.
- Medical Center staff with hospital ID cards can obtain a UCSD-rate copy card at the Biomedical Library or at the Imprints window at Geisel.
Printing from Library Computers
- Black & white printers are available in each library.
- Color printers are available at Geisel & Biomedical Libraries.
- Print using a personal printing account or a departmental recharge/index number. Instructions are below.
- Cost for UCSD card users: Black & white 10c/page impression, color 40c/page impression. For guest card users, the rates are 20c/page for black & white, $1.00 for color.
- NEW: Wireless printing is now available!
- Self-service black & white photocopy machines are available throughout the libraries.
- A color copier is available at the Biomedical Library and is 50c/page.
- Make copies using a personal printing account or a departmental recharge/index number. Instructions are below.
- UCSD printing is 10c/page for single-sided letter size or 20c/page for 11x17" size.
- Rates are doubled for guest card users.
- Scanners are available in Geisel at the Arts and Science & Engineering Libraries, as well as at the Biomedical Library, Library staff can assist with scanning.
IACCESS accounts are required for all self-service library printers & copiers.
- Current UCSD students, faculty, staff, affiliates: Use your current UCSD ID card to access your account. (Old cards are not valid.)
- Students: For quarters in which you’ve paid fees, printing/copying charges appear on your student billing account, assuming your account is in good standing. If you prefer, add money to your account. (For quarters when you have not paid fees, you can use cash to fund your printing account.)
- Non-UCSD users: Purchase a guest card from Imprints (Geisel 2nd floor, east wing) or an IACCESS loader in the library.
- You can add cash to either a UCSD or guest account at an IACCESS loader in the library or at the Imprints window at Geisel.
- Visit the Geisel Imprints window to transfer value from an old Imprints card to a new account.
- Visit the FAQ section at http://iaccess.ucsd.edu for details on printing/copying using UCSD budget numbers.
Contact Imprints in Geisel Library at 858-534-2534 for problems with printing cards, accounts, or the equipment.
Notice Concerning Copyrighted Material
Read & adhere to UC San Diego Libraries' Copyright Policy for reproduction and use of copyrighted material.