Libraries Mobile Printing
You can now print from your own wireless laptop, iPad, or compatible smartphone to Imprints printers at the Libraries (or the Price Center). There are two ways to use it (see our printable handout for more detail):
Online (Web based) printing
For mobile users, Macs, and Windows users who don't want to install software.
Smartphone users: go to imprints-print.ucsd.edu
- In the blue box below, click the Print button.
- Provide a username. Anything will work.
- Select the correct location and printer from the list.
- You can print documents stored on your computer* or web pages by providing a URL (web page address).**
- Make up a password between 5-10 characters long.
- Once you have sent your job, you can print it from any Print Release Stations in the libraries.
Advanced Windows Printing
PrintWhere software lets you add our printers to your computer. This lets you print from any software application, and you get more control over what and how to print, including features like multiple PowerPoint slides per page, etc.
- Go to the PrintWhere Download Page and download the "PrintWhere Driver" - it's the one at the bottom of the page.
- Double-click the file you downloaded. This installs the "Choose a Printer" program.
- Run that program and search for UCSD. Select the printer you want to use.
- This will install our printer as your default. Use your printer settings if you don't want it to be the default.
* Printing stored documents does not work from Apple iOS devices like iPhone or iPad.
** Note: web pages need to have a "permanent" URL. Some sites don't use permanent URLs for every page. Printing from these sources will not work. Please use a library workstation instead, or, for Windows users, install the PrintWhere software described to the right.