Instructor / TA Consulting Space
The library provides a space in both its Geisel East Commons (2nd Floor) and the Biomedical Library Building (Room 201) for teaching assistants (TAs) and instructors to meet with students. BLB Room 201 is also an ideal site for TAs and instructors to host makeup exams with individuals or small groups of students, or exams for individuals requiring additional testing time or accommodations.
We welcome inquiries from any TA or instructor about the possibility of their participation.
Who to Contact
The Geisel TA / Instructor Consultation Area currently offers a round table & 4 chairs in a semi-private area. Mobile whiteboards are available in the surrounding area that can be used, as needed. While no computer is available, wireless internet and power outlets are available.
The BLB Consultation Area is in Room 201, on the 2nd floor. It offers a large table with chairs and a wall-mounted whiteboard in a small, enclosed room. While no computer is available, wireless internet and power outlets are available.
We welcome suggestions about additional equipment that might be useful in the spaces.
- Subject librarians may be available to meet with TAs or instructors prior to their consultation period, or to participate in the consultations along with the TA or instructor. Feel free to contact your subject librarian, or alert us when signing up that you’d like the subject librarian to contact you.
- For larger groups, submit a request for an entire classroom or for all course participants to attend a workshop by a subject specialist or academic liaison.
- TAs and instructors may reserve the TA / Instructor Consultations Area to hold office hours or consultations in Geisel Library with 1-3 students at a time. The designated BLB space can hold 1 instructor and up to 5 students simultaneously. Neither area is intended for larger group instruction.
- Those needing larger spaces may utilize the group study room reservation system.
- TAs/Instructors may reserve time slots for up to 3 hours per day, up to 3 days per week.
- TAs/Instructors may sign up for a regular time slot for the entire term (e.g. M/W/F from 1-3 pm) or irregular time slots, as needed and available.
- The weekly sign-up sheet will be posted at the TA/Instructor Consultation Area, so that walk-in students can identify whether/when their TA/instructor may be available in the library.
Comments or Questions?
Last revised: D. Tweedy, 2/10/17