Presentation Practice Rooms
The Library provides two Presentation Practice Rooms where individuals or groups can work on oral presentations, rehearse timing and slide transitions, prepare for class or conference presentations, thesis defenses, and so on. They are intended for practice only and are not to be used to host seminars or other events.
- Locations: The Geisel space (Room 2) is located in the East Commons (2nd Floor) near the service desk. The BLB room is on the 1st Floor in the BLB Commons.
- Eligible Users: UCSD students, staff, and faculty with current ID may reserve rooms. Visiting scholars may use the rooms by arranging to have one reserved by a UCSD faculty or staff member.
- Policies: All Library policies are in effect in these rooms, with particular emphasis on the Library's food & drink policy. Clean up after yourself and leave the room in good condition for later users. Failure to adhere to these policies may result in temporary or permanent loss of access to these and other group study rooms.
- Access: Reserve a room for up to three hours at a time, up to two days in advance. To gain access to the BLB room during the reserved time, check out the key at the BLB Front Desk. Return the key immediately after the reservation period to avoid overdue charges of $10.00 per hour. If the Geisel room is unreserved, access is first-come, first-served as with any study room.
- Equipment: The BLB room offers a projector, computer, keyboard/mouse, and lectern. Bring your own laptop to connect to the projector if you wish. The Geisel room offers a large wall-mounted TV (for laptop hookup) and lectern. For instant feedback, a video camera may be checked out from the Front Desk (BLB) or Media Desk (Geisel). The BLB video camera is exclusively for Practice Room use and is not available outside of the time for which the room has been reserved.
Comments or Questions?
Send questions, comments, and suggestions to LearningSpaces@ucsd.edu.
Last revised: D. Tweedy, 7/28/16