Tuesday, April 18, 2017
11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Geisel Library, Seuss Room
Open to the public!
The Library and the Environmental Sustainability Group is hosting a DIY Maker Day celebrating Earth Month on campus, using sustainable, non-toxic, reusable, and recyclable materials.
Maker stations include:
- Make your own cleaning supplies (be extra green and bring your own container!)
- Make your own button using recycled book covers
- Make your own body sugar scrub or deodorant (be extra green and bring your own container!)
- Plant a succulent
- Watch a demonstration of a 3D Printer (wood filaments and vegetable-based plastic!)
- Learn how to upcycle clothing like sweatshirts into projects like pet beds
- Pledge how you plan on going green in the upcoming year
Participants will leave with samples of projects and ideas to continue making eco-friendly products and reusing consumables on a daily basis!
This event is free and open to the public. For questions or more information, please contact Kim Kane, firstname.lastname@example.org.