We are receiving reports of users on the wireless network being unable to access electronic journals at our Medical Centers and East Campus including the Cancer Center.
The Libraries have determined there is a problem related to a change involving the wireless network IP ranges.
The Libraries are working to fix this problem with our vendors as soon as possible.
In the meantime, your options are:
- Use a hard-wired computer
- Use the VPN while using the wireless network
- Visit one of the Libraries to obtain needed articles.
Once again, we are working with our vendors to resolve this problem as soon as possible.
Sorry for the inconvenience!
Following yesterday’s power outage, the Libraries will be closed on Friday, September 9th. We will be open as usual on Saturday.
Access to UpToDate at clinical locations should be available. Contact the Biomedical Library if you encounter problems.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Update: the earlier access problem with the Clinical Pharmacology database has been resolved and you should be able to get access from any UCSD network connection.
The Clinical Pharmacology drug database is not giving us access today, claiming that our subscription has expired. We are definitely not cancelling this database and we are working with the vendor to get this resolved. While we work on this, there are several other drug databases available:
There will be two outages this weekend:
1. ScienceDirect will be unavailable on Saturday, November 15 from 5:00 am – 2:00 pm. This is one of our major e-journal providers.
2. Some library web resources including the Roger library catalog will be unavailable Saturday, November 15 from 6:00 – 10:00 pm. This is due to a network infrastructure upgrade in the Geisel building.
We’ve been alerted that two of our electronic resource packages will be down for maintenance in the afternoon and early evening, Friday, August 8th. These include e-books in the “NetBase” series as well as e-journals from the Taylor & Francis/InformaWorld publisher. How do you know if a journal is from this publisher? On our e-journals web pages, the publisher is usually indicated next to the title. In UC E-Links, the publisher or package name is usually indicated in the link to full text.
We are currently unable to access online journals published by Blackwell. Because of the acquisition of Blackwell Publishing by Wiley Publishing, Blackwell online journal content was moved to the Wiley online journal platform this weekend. It was hoped that the Blackwell journals would be available this morning, unfortunately we are currently being denied access. This is effecting all the UC campuses, and UC staff are working to have this resolved as soon as possible.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
The access problems with UpToDate at the Hillcrest Medical Center appear to be resolved. Sorry for any inconvenience.
** update ** this issue has now been reported as resolved. We have done a little spot-checking and we’re able to get to full text, Roger, and Request screens normally. Please let us know if you find anything amiss! – 4/7/08
UC E-Links is currently not working with PubMed – it’s not picking up any data about the citations, so no links to full text or print holdings are showing up. The problem is at PubMed’s end and the folks who run UC e-Links are working with the PubMed technical group to solve it. In the meantime, here are two workarounds:
1. Although PubMed is our preferred interface, we also have access to the MEDLINE database via the ISI Web of Knowledge interface at http://isiknowledge.com/medline. The UC E-Links are working there, including Request.
2. Use PubMed for searching and use our catalog Roger, to determine whether we own the items. You can open PubMed in one browser window or tab and the Roger journal search page (http://roger.ucsd.edu/search~S2) in another window/tab. Search for journal titles in Roger to see if we have the item electronically or in print.
If you run into an item in PubMed and you can’t tell if we have it, please contact us for help.
Ovid will be doing some routine maintenance on Ovid applications on Saturday, October 6th. Journals on the Ovid platform will not be accessible from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.