On September 17, much of the UC San Diego Libraries’ main campus intra-library book/journal paging and delivery service (Roger Catalog Request) will no longer be available.
We are taking this step due to budget cuts. For more about budget cuts and the Libraries’, please see our Budget Cuts FAQ.
On-campus users will still be able to:
- Request materials from off-campus/remote facilities, including the Medical Center Library (MCL), Scripps Institute of Oceanography Library (SIO) Library and the Annex to be delivered to BML.
- Request materials from BML to be delivered to off-campus libraries, including MCL and SIO.
- Recall checked-out items and and place holds on items in processing or on order.
- Request non-UCSD materials via services like Circuit, Melvyl Request and Interlibrary Loan.
- Return books from all other UCSD libraries to BML.
Users located at Hillcrest can still request books to be sent to MCL.
Beginning September 17, you will no longer be able to:
- Request available items shelved at any main campus library for pickup at the same or another main campus library. This includes BML and all the libraries in Geisel (e.g. S&E), as well CLICS.
- Request available items shelved at the MCL or SIO Libraries for pickup at the MCL or SIO circulation desks.
If you have any questions or comments about this change, please let us know. Comments submitted using this form are read by Catherine Friedman, Associate University Librarian for User Services, and cc’ed to others in the Libraries.