- Yuri Bazilevs (Structural Engineering)
- Adam Burgasser (Physics)
- Zhaowei Liu (Electrical & Computer Engineering)
- Dragos Oprea (Mathematics)
- Donald James Sirbuly (NanoEngineering)
- Andrea Rae Tao (NanoEngineering)
among the 30 junior faculty who were named 2010 Hellman Faculty Fellows. The $375,000 will be distributed among the fellows to support their scholarly and research activities that will aid their progress toward tenure.
The Hellman Fellowship program was established at UC San Diego in 1995 with a generous gift of $2.5 million from Chris and Warren Hellman. Its purpose is to provide financial support and encouragement to young faculty who show capacity for great distinction in their research and creative activities.