Effective July 17, the Web of Knowledge/Web of Science database system will have new features. All your profiles, alerts and other personalized features will be migrated into the new version with same user names/ passwords. There may be a short interruption of service on Sunday while the vendor performs maintenance to Web of Knowledge, EndNote Web, and ResearcherID this coming Sunday, July 17th beginning at 6:00 AM Pacific Daylight time. This maintenance is expected to last approximately 12 hours (until 6:00 PM). During this time, there may be disruption of service and access to Web of Science and other Web of Knowledge databases (Biosis, INSPEC, Medline).
- Left Hand Truncation “*phosphate” = monophosphate, triphosphate, etc.
- Full author name searching (for articles processed in 2007 or after)
- Automatic searches for over 7,000 spelling variations such as British/US English (colour / color) as well as name variants (mice / mouse)
- Institutional name variants automatically searched (“Univ Oxford” and “University Oxford”)
- NEW Author Finder incorporates DAIS-Distinct Author Identification System and Refine options
- ResearcherID Integration enables searching by ID number with links appearing on the Web of Science full record to the full author profile on researcherID.com
- No more max 100,0000 records limit. Complete search results allowing all records to be viewed or analyzed
- View abstracts on the summary list, without having to go to the full record.
- Cited references display enhancements including an improved layout, full text and open URL links, and sorting options
- Related Records™ feature viewable in All Databases search results
Managing/Analysis of Records
- Marking Records: Easier to add records to the marked list, and store significantly more records.
- Create Citation Reports and Analyze records right from your Marked List.
- Export all data from Analyze Results
- Link to a previously saved EndNote record
- “Citation Summary Breakdown” on any citing articles page across all databases. This table provides an overview of Web of Knowledge times cited counts including databases for which UCSD does NOT have access, such as Conference Citation Index and the forthcoming Book Citation Index. You’ll be able to see citation counts for these, but won’t be able to link to the actual papers citing.
- Refine and Analyze by funding agency
- Citation maps and citation reports available across All Databases
Want to know more? See the short demos on the new features at http://thenewwok.com/new/. And, if for some reason you want to compare citation results between the old and new interface, you may access the older version at webofknowledgev4.com after July 17th until 2012. Please let us know what you think about the new version by contacting your subject specialists/reference librarians or emailing us.