This year, we added Science Direct’s (Elsevier) Comprehensive Biotechnology to our collection of online science and engineering reference works.
Comprehensive Biotechnology presents up-to-date and essential entries on the principles and practice of biotechnology. The integration of the latest relevant science and industry practice with fundamental biotechnology concepts is presented with entries from internationally recognized world-leaders in their given fields. With two volumes covering basic fundamentals, and four volumes of applications, from environmental biotechnology and safety to medical biotechnology and healthcare, this work serves the needs of newcomers as well as established experts combining the latest relevant science and industry practice in a manageable format.
Volumes and sections:
- Scientific Fundamentals of Biotechnology (51 chapters) – The Biochemical Basis; The Biological Basis; The Genetic Basis; Systems Biology; The Metabolic Basis; The Biophysical Basis; The Computational Basis; Analysis and Control
- Engineering Fundamentals of Biotechnology (75 chapters) – Underlying Principles; Upstream Processing; Bioreactors: A. Design; Bioreactors: B. Application; Bioreactions and Bioreactor Operation; Downstream Processing and Product Recovery; Process Considerations; Other Considerations
- Industrial Biotechnology and Commodity Products (61 chapters) – Bulk Commodities: A. Industrial Enzymes; Bulk Commodities: B. Biofuels and Bioenergy; Bulk Commodities: C. Bio-Based Chemicals; Bulk Commodities: D. Biomaterials; Healthcare Products: A. Small Molecules; Healthcare Products: B. Biologics; Food Ingredients; Other Considerations
- Agricultural and Related Biotechnologies (65 chapters) – Plant Systems; Animal Systems; Food Systems; Intergration of Biotechnologies; Socio-Economic Considerations
- Medical Biotechnology and Healthcare (56 chapters) – Enabling Technologies; Tissue Engineering and Stem Cell Therapy; Biopharmaceuticals, in vitro Drug Testing and Drug Delivery; Artificial Organs and Life Support Devices
- Environmental Biotechnology and Safety (55 chapters) – Industrial and Toxic Wastes; Municipal Wastes; Wastes from Agriculture, Forestry and Food Processing; Other Considerations