The UCSD Libraries will offer hands-on workshops on using RefWorks during weeks 3, 5 & 6 of the quarter. Class size is limited, so please register at http://libraries.ucsd.edu/services/refworks.html.
RefWorks is web-based software you can use to organize your references and instantly format them for bibliographies and research papers. It’s also free to UCSD students. This quarter, we’re offering 2 workshops:
RefWorks I: The Basics of RefWorks
(Jan 22, 2-2:50pm — Feb 5, 10-10:50am — Feb 13, 2-2:50pm)
- Navigating the RefWorks interface and help resources
- Creating an account for your RefWorks library
- Importing references from databases to build your library
- Managing your references and turning them into a bibliography
RefWorks II: Customizing Your RefWorks Library
(Jan 24, 2-2:50pm — Feb 7, 10-10:50am — Feb 15, 2-2:50pm)
Note: Taking RefWorks I or having equivalent experience with RefWorks is needed for this class.
- More about managing references in your library
- Editing output styles
- Using Write-N-Cite to insert and format references in your paper
These workshops are not discipline-specific, and we’ll provide in-class exercises for science/engineering, humanities/social sciences, and biomedical sciences.
If you have any questions, or would like to arrange for a RefWorks consultation outside these times, contact the S&E RefWorks Coordinator.