What’s RSC’s Gold for Gold?
- The UC Libraries are partnering with the Royal Society of Chemistry to support authors who want to make their article open access (OA), but don’t have the funding to pay the normal article publication fee (between $1600-$4000).
- RSC’s Gold for Gold program offers voucher codes that enable UCSD researchers to publish their paper in an RSC journal as a Gold OA article, at no charge. The article will then be available to any reader even if they don’t have a subscription or access through a library.
Why Open Access?
- Open Access publishing makes electronic versions of papers accessible to readers for free – with no barriers to access.
- Removing paywall barriers may increase the visibility of research findings since works are easier to disseminate, easier to find, and easier to read.
Who Is Eligible?
- You must be UCSD affiliate (Student, Staff, Faculty).
- You must have an article that has been accepted for publication in an RSC journal and has received final approval for publication (not previously published).
- You have not previously received a Gold for Gold voucher from UCSD Library.
How It Works?
- Once your article has been accepted, please complete this form (http://goo.gl/FkJZ5) to request your voucher. Further instructions will be provided when you receive your voucher code.
- We have a limited number of voucher codes, and they will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Voucher codes are provided only after your article has been accepted for publication.
- Voucher codes must be used before December 31, 2013.
- Please contact Teri Vogel (firstname.lastname@example.org).