The UC San Diego Library is conducting a cost analysis of library use which may benefit the library’s budget. Responses are anonymous and the survey only runs 2 hours once per month from July 2012 through June 2013.
The web survey may pop up as users try to access online resources like databases, journals, e-books, etc. The survey needs to be filled out before access to the resource is granted.
For any technical problem (user trapped endlessly in survey, user completed survey but can’t access resource, user seeing survey after survey period, etc.) with the web survey, users can:
- try a different machine or a different browser on the same computer
- come to library and use one of our computers
- try again after the survey period has ended
If the user would like to report a problem, please send the following information to email@example.com.
- Ask how user reached survey (which requested resource used).
- Ask if completed required fields (classification & purpose of use).
- Determine user location (in library, on-campus but not in library, off-campus).
- If off-campus, ask if using proxy or VPN.
- Ask for user’s operating system name & version
- Ask for name & version of browser being used
- Ask if user has enabled cookies