Directions to Geisel Library
Geisel Library, which includes Mandeville Special Collections & Archives, is located in the heart of the La Jolla campus near the Price Center. Click here for a map.
Directions from north of La Jolla
- Take Interstate 5 SOUTH; exit on GENESEE AVENUE and veer right (west).
- TURN LEFT at 3rd light on NORTH TORREY PINES ROAD.
- TURN LEFT at next light on NORTH POINT DRIVE.
- A Campus Information kiosk is on the right at the 2nd stop sign. (visitor parking permits available here)
Directions from south of La Jolla
- Take Interstate 5 NORTH; exit on GILMAN DRIVE and head north; continue about 1.5 miles.
- A Campus Information kiosk is on the right. (visitor parking permits available here)
Visitor parking information/permits & campus maps available at Campus Information kiosks.
- If you continue on, North Point Drive becomes Hopkins Drive and curves to the right. Guest parking (with a visitor parking permit from the Campus Information kiosk) is on your right at the far end of Hopkins Drive. Geisel Library is the large, tiered, glass/concrete building.
- Additional parking/permits are available in the Hopkins parking structure at the corner of Hopkins Drive & Voigt Drive.
- City bus routes 30, 41, 101, 150, 201/202 and 921 all go through UCSD. Exit at Gilman/Myers stop for Geisel Library.
- Choose University of California, San Diego from list of landmarks when using the San Diego MTS trip planner.