Responses were chosen because they represent the sentiments of a group of respondents and/or the creators of this website felt that the comment was of particular value.
What's your overall impression of living in San Diego County (include likes/dislikes etc)?
Excerpts from survey:
- It borders on paradise.
- Like the weather. Dislike the traffic.
- It's expensive but the weather and locale make it worth it!
- Lots of opportunity for outdoor activities.
- I love being in San Diego. No better place in the USA to live.
- SD has a fairly good system of bike lanes, unlike other big cities. Air is cleaner than most big cities. Dislikes: The weather is boring.
- The quality of arts and culture activities are excellent; the beach continues to be amazingly beautiful; the air quality is excellent compared to other SoCal areas.
- But lots of activities and opportunities for those who want to seek them out. Public transportation varies; buses schedules vary and change and can make it difficult to get to and from jobs that have non-traditional hours.
- Love the laid-back attitude and the active lifestyles. Good music scene.
- I love it. People are friendly and there is an overall laid back vibe. Close to beaches and mountains and has all the culture of a big city.
- I love living in San Diego County - I'm from North County and love the "suburban" feel. Yes, we pay to live here, but San Diego is the BEST City in the United States!
- In general, however, it's nice--albeit a bit conservative.
- The gorgeous weather makes up for everything.
- Great place to live, can be expensive but worth it.
- The bad (the three C's): Commute (long), congestion, cost of living (although more reasonable now than a year ago)
- Love the great weather, diverse neighbors, and access to places...hate the high cost of housing.
- I dislike the political conservatism.
- It's fairly conservative, horrible public transport, everything is spread out so reliable transportation is a must.