Presentation Practice Room Policy - BML
The Presentation Practice Room is a space in the Biomedical Library Information Commons where individuals or groups can work on oral presentations, rehearse timing, slide transitions, etc. The room is equipped with a projector, computer, keyboard and mouse and lectern. You can bring your own laptop and connect it to the projector if you wish. You can also check out separately a video camera for instant feedback. The key to the room may be borrowed from the service desk for a period of three hours. The following policies govern the use of this room:
- As of March 21: Users must have a valid Room Reservation and checkout a key kit from the BML Service Desk. The key kit must be returned to the BML Service Desk immediately after the expiration of your reservation. Charges for overdue key kits are $10.00 per hour.
- As of March 21: The room may be reserved for up to two days in advance. No reservations by individuals who are already using the presentation practice room. The purpose of this space is for practicing and refining presentations for seminars, conference presentations, thesis defense, etc. The room is not intended to be used to actually host seminars.
- This room may only be used by current UCSD students, faculty and staff. Visiting scholars may arrange to use the room by having a UCSD faculty or staff member sign the room out.
- All library policies are in effect in this room, with particular emphasis on the library's food and drink policy.
- Users must clean up after themselves, and leave the room in good condition for the next users.
NOTICE: failure to follow these policies, or other applicable library policies, may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of access to this room and our group study rooms.
The goal of the Biomedical Library staff is that this room will be a clean and pleasant place to practice presentations.. If you find that the room was left in poor condition by the previous occupants, report this immediately to the service desk.
Last udpated: 3/17/2011