Presentation Practice Room
The Biomedical Library Building (BLB) houses a Presentation Practice Room where individuals or groups can work on oral presentations, rehearse timing and slide transitions, prepare for class or conference presentations, thesis defenses, and so on. This room is intended for practice only and is not to be used to host seminars.
- Eligible Users: UC San Diego students, staff, and faculty with current ID may sign out the room for their own use. Visiting scholars may use the room by arranging to have it signed out by a UC San Diego faculty or staff member.
- Access: Reserve the room for three hours at a time up to two days in advance. To access the room during the reserved time, check out the key kit at the BLB Front Desk. Return the key/DVDs to the desk immediately after the reservation expires to avoid overdue charges of $10.00 per hour.
- Equipment: Projector, computer, keyboard/mouse, and lectern are available in the room. Bring your own laptop and connect it to the projector if you wish. For instant feedback, a video camera may be checked out from the BLB Front Desk. (The video camera is exclusuvely for Practice Room use and is not available outside of the time for which the room has been reserved.)
- All Library policies are in effect in this room, with particular emphasis on the Library's food & drink policy.
- Clean up after yourself and leave the room in good condition for later users.
Failure to adhere to these policies may result in temporary or permanent loss of access to this and other group study rooms.
Comments or Questions?
Send questions, comments, and suggestions to LearningSpaces@ucsd.edu.
Last revised: K. Goodson, 9/25/13